They switch off the light and its white shade
glimmers for a moment before dissolving
like a tablet in a glass of darkness. Then up.
The hotel walls rise into the black sky.
The movements of love have settled, and they sleep
but their most secret thoughts meet as when
two colors meet and flow into each other
on the wet paper of a schoolboy’s painting.
It is dark and silent. But the town has pulled closer
tonight. With quenched windows. The houses have approached.
They stand close up in a throng, waiting,
a crowd whose faces have no expressions.
— Tomas Transtromer, The Couple
- ithinkimightbesinking likes this
- imsamai likes this
- am0r--fati likes this
- homeinspi reblogged this from endlessdreamingg
- birnam-wood reblogged this from endlessdreamingg
- endlessdreamingg reblogged this from poetryandimages
- smallerfox likes this
- sufigeek likes this
- -spittingvenom likes this
- sasstopia likes this
- thesetelevisionblues reblogged this from poetryandimages
- saint-caravaggio reblogged this from poetryandimages
- poetryandimages posted this